Sunday, July 1, 2012

WINDING DOWN...

We are in countdown mode!  We've been busy these last few weeks getting last minute things taken care of.  Finally, we have about a week until we move in.  Rick has worked some long hours lately trying to get everything finished.  This will be the last post until we move in.  When we are all set up in the house, I will post before and after pictures.


 Go way back to the beginning pictures and you will see the old front porch.  We put these decorative pieces back in to match the old ones. 







We just call these the wedding steps.  Beautiful place to get married, don't you think?




Music Room-Above the mantel are 2 of the old window weights and the track from the pocket doors.

All fireplaces now have brick surrounds and hearths.




Rick designed the showers.  They are made of pea gravel!  The shelves are made from flagstone.
 
Showers are complete!  Wait 'til you see the seat and shelves Rick made for the showers!


Been waiting for three years to be able to see through to the next lot!  Work has begun on my mom's lot next door.  This creek was nothing but a tangled mess of brush and trash. 


I can't wait to show you the final pictures.  You won't believe your eyes!  What a lucky girl I am to have a man who would do all this for me!  We should have been charging for tours!  Every day people slow down to look.  Many of them stop and ask to see the inside, which I gladly show them.  It is truly a transformation!


2 comments:

  1. Rick and Kelley--thank you so much for being so gracious to allow Chuck and I to intrude upon your Friday afternoon. I can not tell you how much that afternoon meant! I will be writing about it myself on MY blog :) I would also LOVE to be considered, if not your 1st guest, very close after that, once your barn is open for business! I'd love to link to your blog, if its ok :) www.aramblinrose.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my great Grand Father's home. I spent my summers there as a boy. I am pleased to see it restored. You have done a beautful job.
    Doug Davis

    ReplyDelete