Thursday, July 26, 2012

NOT THE END...JUST THE BEGINNING!

I have a lump in my throat as I post these before and after pictures.  It's been so much fun from start to finish...I can't believe we are living in the house!  Sometimes it seemed like we would never be finished, and at other times I couldn't believe how fast things were moving.  It seems like everyone in Commerce, Texas knows about the restoration of the Knight house.  People in neighboring communities are even talking about it.  Complete strangers stop and ask to see what we've done--and we say "yes, come on in!"
The house is finished, but we haven't begun the landscaping yet.  That's another huge undertaking!  When all is finished, I'll post the final pictures.
Our future plans include using the barn as a bed and breakfast/event venue.  We also plan to offer the grounds for weddings. (remember the wedding steps?)
So, really, even though the house is completed, it's just the beginning for us!

To all the Knight descendants--Please, come to see us!  We want you to see the house where so many memories were made that are a part of your history.  We think you will be proud.  Thanks again for helping with the research.  We treasure all the articles and pictures you shared.  Our scrapbook is overflowing!
We're making our family's memories now, and we want you to know that we think about the ones that were here before us.  We are in possession of the historical marker.  I'll let everyone know when the ceremony will be.  We had originally planned to have it this fall, but we would like to have our landscaping finished, so we might have to postpone for a little while.

Below are various pix of the house that I didn't have a before picture of.  To see all the before and after pictures, look at all the posts again.  I went back and added the after pictures beside the first ones.

Addie Lou's room-upstairs

music room
Grandkids room
dining room

den


1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to read my blog about your lovely new home!

    The link is....
    http://www.aramblinrose.net/?p=1377

    Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete