Saturday, January 14, 2012

THE WRITING ON THE WALL...

Because I have truly enjoyed researching the family that built our house, I decided to make it easier for whoever owns this house a hundred years from now to research us!       (Also, because I realize now how important Federal Census information is to a researcher, I will always participate in the census in the future.)  All my immediate family members have written their names and birth dates on the dining room wall.  I also wrote that the Knights originally built the house at a cost of $4500.00, and I wrote what the house will cost once we finish the remodel.  After the sheet rock goes up, the next person who reads what we've written will, hopefully, be our descendants.  If not, whoever reads it will have a head start for their research.

Grandson Riley signing his name on the wall.








Same wall--we won't be seeing those names again but someone will many years from now!


No comments:

Post a Comment